Sunday, February 21, 2016

Kung Fury - A must watch movie!



Wife was out with her co-worker's last night for drinks and celebrating a birthday and I was home alone with the dog and looking for something to entertain me but nothing overly complex to watch. Then I found this sleeper of a movie.

Let me first say this isn't a fantastic movie, it is the typical "B" mod movie. It's bad, but in a good way bad that is entertaining and short (30 mins). 

What gripped me is the early on opening of a cop car being flipped into the air by a skateboard and then blown apart by small arms fire by some thugs. Then a video game turns into a killing machine shooting everything around it and flipping people off. At least until the hero shows up.

I won't spoil the plot but let's just say it just has a crazy mix of cool cars, David Hasselhoff jokes, 80's technology nostalgia with Hitler calling himself the "Kung Fuhrer" and backing up this bad ass martial arts time traveling cop is Triceratops Cop, the Norse God Thor, a Valkyrie riding a T-Tex, a Feral chick with a mini-gun and wolf alongside a Hacker....yea....I don't think they missed too much! Well maybe zombies...

Watch it with a grain of salt and for a laugh.

I found it on Netflix...but also apparently a site has an "touch game" for Kung Fury and has the full 30 min movie on the site. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment