Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A pirates life for me! Nickstar by Northstar!


Now who here does not like pirates? Well get off me ship then! *SPLASH*

A nice line of miniatures, too bad the conversion rate sucks ass as 130 pounds rolls over $230ish in US bucks. For some this is nothing, but to me it is a budget blown and with my birthday this month I have to shop carefully. I love the bonus figs and most of the pirate gangs. Yea, maybe a bit too campy and more like Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney (excluding the nude Anne figure)......I am waiting to see what the Nickstarter offers in other alternate choices. I do plan to buy the book and perhaps one or two of the pirate packs. I can't afford all of them and to be honest I have a good range of pirates already. 

Check out the line!
http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=173&page=1

I do love the fact Osprey is doing this book, with good things going about for IHMN and Ronin this has got me fired up to finally see a quality set of pirate rules roll out! 



6 comments:

  1. I was tempted back when Foundry started to release their line of pirates and I'm tempted by these as well. Especially the monkey! But I haven't the time, so it's going to have to wait.

    As for slanting towards "Pirates of the Caribbean", that's fine by me. No-one wants *realistic* rules for robbery with extreme violence!

    I think I read that this book has some serious campaign rules? Or maybe I'm mixing it up with "And a Bottle of Rum"? Might make it more interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You don't want rape, pillage and plunder rules in your game? Hahahaha

      I own several Foundry, Black Cat and Crusader pirates, so those I get here would be rounder pirates that I would want....not sure how they would scale to the others.

      Yea, the rules seem to be driven by Fear and Fame it seems to lead your crew it seems, but the variety seems to be included as well as some ship combat options.

      Delete
  2. It sounds fun and the miniatures are lovely. Going to have to try and resist..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spread your booty and give in! Wow, that just sounded wrong for pirate talk!

      Delete
  3. I think Pirates of the Caribbean is a fine place to go with your pirate gaming. It's what most people think of when you talk about pirate-anything. I have both Freebooter's Fate and Flashing Steel rule sets, but sadly haven't played either one. It's on the extremely long to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few on the list like that also.

      Delete