Well, 2012 has been a hellish year to a point with my wife's mother in the hospital the early part of the year and my own mother in the hospital twice (one for blood clots and another time to have a brain tumor removed) and throw in the loss of one of our hounds Lucas this has been a craptastic year.
So, what can I be thankful for for last year in gaming for Dice of Legends?
- I started out dabbling with just Games Workshop Gladiator, Legends of the Old West and Legends of the High Seas late in 2011, 2012 saw those collections grow.
- Now I now have a great looking Old West figures painted up (mainly Knuckleduster) but loads more ready to be painted.
- I have had an excellent start to adding a few more pirate ships and crews ready to rumble over the high seas. Just need to start painting!
- I also have a small smattering of gladiators with my eye on a few new extras that I hope to add to round out the selection for games. Most are ready for some paint and then blood in the sand!
- 2012 also introduced me to Blackwater Gultch gaming, this introduced me to a local guy here Ryan that has been a great person to line up independent games with that are often hard to get people into. So far, we have had only a few games but they have all been a wild ride. With the new mounted horse counters by Litko things should be taking on a new pace soon!
- Supersystem 3 was discovered this past year. I have since picked up close to 30+ super hero and villain types ready to do battle among the pages of comics. I started to paint up a few already to have something different to do.
- Bolt Action (28mm WW2 gaming) just launched this past year and I had picked up Iron Ivan's Disposable Heroes and Point Blank. I am about 2/3 finished with a FJ army and then finish off some vehicles and then start on my German Heer army. I also lucked out on some cheap French this year at an online clearance sale and now I have a new option to build up a new 1k list for to have a possible loaner army or at least something different to play.
- There also has been a trek across the wastelands of the dark future of apocalyptic gaming with a few good trades with some old GW goodies has now landed me some excellent figures to toss out into Wastelands 3 or After the Horsemen. I keep looking for a good set of rules to motivate me to get into this genre of gaming.