Monday, February 17, 2014

FINNISHED THE FINNS?!

Well, the first 59 at least! My goal when I painted them was to capture the dirty aspect of being in the snow, could have gone a bit more in depth and may toy with the dirt more at a later date. For now, I like how they turned out.

The painting style I will post up later but was pretty much what was posted on the Baker Company Forums with some liberties taken on color choices based on what I had. The choices of gloves and boots was intended to give the Finns that rag-tag feel of holding the line against the Soviet horde. So, you will see variations of color on gloves, boots and hats as well.....I tried to keep to a 2 or 3 color choice to keep things simple but enough to create variety!

4 laying down, crawling...

/Closer...

LMGS

Standing LMG

Laying down LMG, I had to use the bushes to conceal a break on the weapon barrel.

Officer with assistant. I plan to use the officer as an observer and the guy to the left is a unique pose that will act as the officer with a rifle.

Medic (left) with rifle and the White Death Himself (the only non-Baker Company so far)

White Death detail....very nice work by Warlord.

The Medic with a rifle? Really? The Soviets don't play fair. 
I see him as a two for one, a poor man's sniper and a medic for a low price and extra draw dice.

The Back, going to repaint the cross, must have been tired or something. I went with the black bag instead of the green to give the feel that he may have been a doctor or med student before the war.

Finnish SMGs

Close up...still need to dust some snow off...

Standing SMGs.

Panzerfausts

This was converted from the NCO that is waving his men forward. 
Simply, I filed down the figure around the arm join.
I used the SMG right arm from the German plastic range by Warlord.
Glued it on, filled it in, added a Panzerfaust! Done!

Side shot...

Back side...

One waving the others forward...

6 advancing Finns....at ease I guess..

Close up...

6 Finns working their bolt action rifles.

Close up.

Advancing Finns.

Among the boys....

Finns shooting....

Fire!

Riles with fuzzy hats kneeling.

Close up

Finns kneeling cocking rifles with hoodies.


Finnish Soldier waving the men forward. NCO

2 Finns shouting orders.

Close up...

Advancing Finns

Close up....

Advancing Finns with hoodies...

Wonder if he shops at North Face?

More running Finns!

Must be trying to catch snowflakes?

The guys with eye wear....

close up....

4 comments:

  1. They all look very effective. If the officer/observer is the only one not to wear a white smock then I don't think he'll last for long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is the one behind the tree! That is why he has brown on!

      Delete
  2. Holy cow that's a lot of toy soldiers! And here I was all proud of myself for finishing a squad of six last week... Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is about oh 2.5 weeks of painting off and on. Production line painting and simple pallet choices helps.

      Delete