Sunday, May 25, 2014

Finished! Sarissa Cheatu!

Finished the Sarissa Cheatu early today and now I need to read up on how to paint this beast if anyone has tackled it yet or if anything how to paint Sarissa stuff. Primer or not? That sort of thing....

I have to say, take your time with this baby. I made a few mistakes but I was also lucky to see them early and was able to fix my errors as I worked on the beast! This monster is three levels and has a roof along with a front and back stairs/balcony of sorts. I enjoyed putting it together and for the most part was easy do.

The worst part was the last level with the slats and making sure they was right for the roof. I had to file and cut some to make the roof fit to the point it made me happy enough to call it done! So, if you buy this baby be ready for some time and work!

I'd give it 8 out of 10 stars for the value! I wish some of the design was deeper in burn and there was some interior detail but 4Ground has spoiled me slightly with their work!

Front

French soldier to show scale.

On the roof!

Side shot

Back 

First floor

Second floor (note the fancy shutters are on the front only)

Attic 

Roof

6 comments:

  1. I Think you will have a lot of fun with that house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watching the weather now for the humidity to go down....I don't want to primer this MDF board in all this wet and muggy weather.

      Delete
  2. Great work Styx! I really like that, I use the Sarrisa modern stuff and love it. I just use basic primers, but I spray them then assemble, I never touch it with a brush, and they look great.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete